Seaforth (QLD): from the beginning 1884-2014 presents the history of the Seaforth area of the Mackay district, that includes Cape Hillsborough, Smalleys Beach, Mt Jukes, Haliday and Ball Bay and the group of islands just off the Seaforth coast.
It presents a documented history from the first landholders, McBryde and Finlayson, who established Seaforth Estate, through to the current date. Clearly highlighted is the strength of community involvement in developing the area to what it is today. Over it’s many years, the Hibiscus Coast Progress & Sports Association (previously named Seaforth Progress & Sports Association) has initiated and coordinated many significant infrastructure and service projects. This book also serves to chronicle their significant involvement in the development of the area.
It can purchased for $25 from
- Seaforth Post Office Store
- Seaforth General Store
- From the book stall at the weekly markets
- Or by Contacting Us
There is also a DVD available for $20 with hundreds of historic photos to view.